Plan to attend the 2017 Indiana State Convention; April 28th, 29th and 30th at Indianapolis Marriott East. All Knights and families (adults and children) are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The Convention Packets were mailed to all council FS, DD, State Officers, State Directors, and State Chairmen in January. All Convention information is available on our website. (click HERE)
- February 28th – Last day to submit nominations for Indiana Service Program Awards
- March 1st – Last day for Early Registration Discount
- March 15th – Last day for councils to forward Resolutions
- March 15th –Last day to submit names of deceased Knights to the State Church Director for remembrance at Memorial Mass
- March 31st –Last day to pay Council State Assessment Councils failing topay assessments are not entitled to representation (Delegates). This will be strictly enforced at the Convention.
- April 1st – Convention Pre-Registration Closes
- April 6th – Last day for Hotel Reservation at special IN K of C group rate
- April 14th Last day to submit CERTIFICATE OF CREDENTIALS OF DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES to State Secretary.
- April 28th – Convention Begins with Opening Mass at 5:00 PM
Survey of Fraternal Activity (Form 1728). The time and effort you take to improve your community and parishes are what make the Knights of Columbus what we are. Don't let your hard work go unheard.
- the council online fill-in survey may be found here, and a pdf is located here
- the assembly online fill-in survey may be found here, and a pdf is located here
STATE Per Capita and Major Degree Fund Assessment invoices have been sent. These were emailed in July to your Councilxxxxx@IndianaKofC.org address. Please check your inbox daily for important information.
How are State Per Capita and Major Degree Fund Assessments calculated?
- The Per Capita Assessment is based on your total membership as of 1 July less Disabled and Honorary Life members (Indiana State Council K of C By Laws Section 29). The assessments are necessary to defray State Council business expenses. A significant portion of the Per Capita is forwarded to Gibault Children’s Services. We gave $61,423 to Gibault from Per Capita on Dec 10th.
- The Major Degree Fund fee is assessed on the new members gained in the prior fraternal year and pays for their Formation and Knighthood Degree expenses (Indiana State Council K of C By Laws Section 29B).
Monthly Statements are sent electronically to councils with Open State Council Assessment balances due and their DD.
How much does your council owe? Current list of councils with Open State Council Assessment balances due is now available HERE on our website. The balance shown, are as of the date at bottom of the report. I’ll update the list monthly. Contact me if you have questions.
The total Assessment is due by March 31st and must be paid in full to have voting delegates seated at the Indiana State Convention (Indiana State Council K of C By Laws Section 7). Failure to pay State assessment may result in Council suspension (Supreme Constitution Section 157 paragraph 8)
2016-2017 Indiana State Council Directories have been mailed to each Council, DD, Director, Chairman, and State Officer. The Directory is an invaluable resource for Council Officers. The Directory contains the names and addresses of all State Officers, District Deputies, Grand Knights, Financial Secretaries, Chaplains and much more.
- Names and addresses for State Directors, State Chairmen, Conferring Officers, and Degree Team Captains
- Council Listing by number with time and place of meetings
- Council listing by City and by Diocese
- List of Past State Chaplains and Past State Deputies
- Financial Secretaries Association Officer names and addresses
- Columbian Squires Circle locations and State Officer names and addresses
- Gibault Children’s Services mission, contact information, and list of current board members
- Knights of Columbus Indiana Insurance Agencies and contact information
- Fourth Degree Supreme Master, Vice Supreme Master, and Indiana District officers (Master, Marshall, and Secretary) contact information
- Fourth Degree Assembly Listing by number and by City
- Supreme Council Officers and addresses, and Supreme Council contact information
- Indiana State Council Calendar of meetings for Fraternal Years 2016-2017 and 2017-2018
- Indiana State Council By Laws
We need your help to keep the Council information up to date.
- The Financial Secretary of each council shall, on or before the July 1st of each year, report to the State Secretary the names and addresses of the Grand Knight and Financial Secretary of his council for the ensuing year. Financial Secretaries are to report any change in the office of Grand Knight or Financial Secretary of any council, immediately to me (Indiana State Council By Laws Section 36).
- The 2017-2018 Indiana State Council Directory will include "Institution Dates" for all Councils. I need your help to add this very important information to the Directory. Please look at your Council Charter and send me an email with the date of your council's institution.
Always feel free to contact me with your questions or concerns.
- Paul Zielinski
Indiana Knights of Columbus