Praise be Jesus Christ!
“Live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love.” (Ephesians 4: 1-2)
Our goals for this year are to focus on our mission, put our faith into action, and grow our membership. It is essential for you to work closely with your pastors and parishes to achieve these goals.
Our mission is:
We are a welcoming group of Catholic gentlemen, striving to be better Catholic gentlemen, husbands and fathers by serving others in works of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism to fulfill the vision of our founder, the Venerable Fr. Michael J. McGivney, to aid one another to strengthen our faith, our families and our parishes in order to truly be the "Charity that Evangelizes" and the "Strong right arm of the Church."
FY18-19 is off to a fast start:
· New Council 17069 instituted at St. Isidore, Bristow, IN
· 12 new Indiana Online Members joined the Knights of Columbus in July
· Total Indiana membership is 32,900
Please remember the 39 brothers who passed away during July in your prayers.
All councils must:
1. Submit Report of Officers Chosen (Form 185) and Service Program Personnel Report (Form 365) annually. The council Program Director, Community Director, and Family Director must be appointed. Resubmit Form 185 or Form 365 when personnel changes occur.
2. Comply with the K of C youth protection program: Safe Environment
3. Attend their District Deputy’s Meeting to review:
· Indiana KofC Goals and Mission
· Leadership Training
o Indiana Retention Process
· Charitable Programs
o Indiana State Council Programs
It is very important that all GK, DGK, FS, Treasurer, Program Director, and Membership Director attend their District meeting. Your DD has the information for you need about new membership incentives, Faith in Action, and Safe Environment. Call you DD today if you missed your District meeting.
Use all the Supreme and State Council resources to make your council programs exciting and engaging, and they will attract good Catholic men to join us. The Knights of Columbus is the best organization to lead our good Catholic men to becoming better Catholic men, husbands and fathers working together to build stronger families and parishes.
Set a Council goal of bringing in at least one new member this month. Ask a good Catholic man to join us today!
Thank you for all you do, every day, to grow the Order! Make 2018-2019 your best year yet!
In Charity, Unity, and Fraternity,
Indiana State Deputy