The 2019-2020 fraternal year is in full swing and Faith in Action provides unlimited opportunities for all brother Knights to grow in our faith and serve our Priests, Parishioners, community and the most vulnerable in our society. The opportunities are both from Supreme (recommended) and the many faith examples/programs that are originated in our councils.
First, we hope to build on the success of the Faith Supreme programs introduced last year, by continuing to promote these programs and tell our story. The programs are:
- RSVP (refund Support Vocations Program)
- Into the Breach
- Marian Icon
- Building the Domestic Church Kiosk
- Rosary Program
- Holy Hour
- Sacramental Gifts
- Spiritual Reflection
RSVP counts as two activities, while the Spiritual Reflection is a required program to qualify for the Columbian Award. The following are some examples of programs that qualify for the Spiritual Reflection Program, that many councils participated in during the last year:
- St. Mary of the Woods, Terre Haute, has an awesome customized program available to the Knights. Click to see the FLYER or an AGENDA example. Contact Zach Pies (812-535-3131) if you are interested.
- Ask your Chaplain, a Priest or Deacon, to lead a retreat for your council…a chance to take time with prayer and discernment to improve your council. The program could include Mass and/or Reconciliation.
- Attend one of the many Indiana Catholic Men’s Conferences. Click HERE for an Indiana Conference schedule and list of opportunities.
One awesome Supreme program that your council and families should consider is the Totus Tuus Pilgrimage to the Saint John Paul II shrine in Washington D.C. Click HERE for an agenda and details.
Second, the programs originated in our councils are many some examples are:
- 5th Sunday Rosary
- Corporate Communion-The council membership along with their families worshiped together to present a unified presence to the community
- Corporate Mass for Deceased Brother Knights.
- Church fundraiser but be sure to always prayer.
- Council Bible study
- The council sponsored/purchased Advent Reflection booklets for the Church
- Led Rosary Rally for 101st anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima
- Provided and served meal for 500 parishioners after Mass in the Grass
- Sponsored and participated in St. Augustine's Evangelical Committee series "Spirit on Tap" open to all parishioners
- Annual clergy appreciation dinner
- Patriotic Rosary prayed daily by brother Knights for Religious Freedom during Religious Freedom week.
And one of our most important Indiana programs is Race for Vocations. Many councils participated, but the opportunity to support all Vocations - Priesthood; Marriage Life; Single Consecrated Life and Religious Life - have never been more important. Race for Vocations is a way your council can express their support. Click for a FLYER and INFO how you and your council support all Vocations.
Vivat Jesus and God bless you!
Larry Kunkel, Faith Director