Greetings...The past two months the Supreme Recommended activities were included in the Faith newsletter. You can find back issues HERE at the state website.
Hopefully the report and Supreme's Faith in Action Guidebook have been helpful. The Guidebook can be accessed online at: https://www.kofc.org/un/en/forms/programs/10590-%20Faith%20in%20Action%20Guidebook.pdf
Here's a reminder about the Spiritual Reflection program, since it is required to earn the Columbian Award. (At least 10% of membership or a minimum of 10 Knights should participate to count as a qualified program). The following are some examples of programs that qualify:
- Men’s Conferences.
- St. Mary of the Woods, Terre Haute, has a customized program available to the Knights. Contact Zach Pies (812-535-3131) if you are interested.
- Ask your Chaplain, a Priest or Deacon, to lead a retreat for your council…a chance to take time with prayer and discernment to improve your council. The program, could include Mass and/or Reconciliation.
The recommended time for a Spiritual Program is Spring. What a great time, with Lent beginning March 6th, to have your council retreat. (Please note a Spiritual Program can be held at other times during the fraternal year.)
Below are some activities that have been submitted by councils and fit in the Faith category:
- 5th Sunday Rosary
- Corporate Communion-The council membership along with their families worshiped together to present a unified presence to the community (Another held a Corporate Mass for Deceased Brother Knights.)
- Repairs to the Church building or Church campus property
- Council Bible study
- The council sponsored/purchased Advent Reflection booklets for the Church
- Led Rosary Rally for 101st anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima
- Provided and served meal for 500 parishioners after Mass in the Grass
- Sponsored and participated in St. Augustine's Evangelical Committee series "Spirit on Tap" open to all parishioners
- Annual clergy appreciation dinner
- Patriotic Rosary prayed daily by brother Knights for Religious Freedom during Religious Freedom week.
Vivat Jesus and God bless you!
Supreme Recommended Faith Programs
(*RSVP counts as two activities)