What to do about this guy who just showed up to a meeting…
Online/Associate members are being encouraged to come to a regular council meeting.
“Aw man, we got this online guy who just showed up… What in heck?”
Men who join the Order through the online membership initiative do not form a new class or type of member. Therefore, as members of the Knights of Columbus they are entitled to the rights and privileges of membership, which include:
· right to attend local, state, and Supreme Council events
· eligibility to attend local council meetings as nonvoting participants
· right to receive fraternal benefits
· eligibility to purchase Knights of Columbus financial products and services
· receipt of Columbia magazine and other Supreme Council publications
Men who join the Order online are permitted to attend local council business meetings, but may not vote unless they become members of that council.
So the bottom line is that IF they show up for a meeting, get out a Form 100, do a 1st degree and get them on board. They are motivated and want to be a part of something larger than themselves and express their spirituality through service. Be the Knight who makes that a reality!
For Grand Knights, the link to the Officer Desk Reference section that explains all of this is: https://www.kofc.org/au/apps/oo/cm/en/odr/online-membership/index.html#3
Prepping for the Membership Drive – The online advantage!
1. Order materials
2. Get Online prospect landing page for your council
a. Quick video explaining what the landing page is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RuRm6q975iURTlJCJbnRLTVKq8uHmMZd
b. Form/format to send to supreme
3. Practice with recruiting team
a. Practice using the landing page
b. Practice having them signup online –
i. if they want to immediately
ii. Send email to online@ to advise
iii. Get them transferred asap
iv. Get them read in and 1st degree
4. Execute during you weekend and get form 100s complete and follow up on prospects to complete form 100s
5. Hold 1st degree the week after the membership drive and close the remaining prospects as soon as possible
6. Engage your field agent to assist with follow up and discussing your council insurance goals.
If you have someone who is interested and has a cell phone, have them scan this QR code with their phone camera, and I will begin to immediately work with them to become members and into your council.
Indiana KofC Prospect (Electronic Card) Page
SK Walter Peycha
Online Membership Chairman
Indiana State Council