Life is one of four categories in the Faith in Action Program. The other three are Family, Faith and Community. Supreme has provided several recommended programs in each of the four categories. The Life recommended programs are:
March for Life
Christian Refugee Relief
Mass for People with Special Needs
Pregnancy Center Support
Novena for Life
March for Life, Ultrasound Program and Special Olympics are featured programs and count as two activities. The following are some examples of some Indiana Life programs for council participation:
- The 7th annual Biking for Babies was held September 18-20----we had 22 bikers, up from an average of 8-10 bikers in previous years. Some bikers rode from Terre Haute to Richmond and others rode a leg of the route. This was the first year that a mid-point prayer rally was held. The rally was held on Saturday, September 19th and hosted by Our of Lady of Lourdes parish and Father Rick Ginther, Chaplain of council #3228. The rally included several speakers: Indiana State Deputy Craig Hanusin; Indy Women’s Care Center Director, Jenny Hubbard and Brother Knight and 40 Days for Life Indy Director, Timothy O’Donnell. Father Ginther led the rally with prayer. The event raised over $10,000 for the Indiana Knights Ultrasound Initiative. It’s not too late, as a council or an individual, to make a donation…. https://www.bikingforbabies.com/give and click on Indiana Local Ride. (You may sponsor a rider under the comments section.) Ultrasound machines have been proven to save lives! Please click HERE for an article about the event in the Criterion, Archdiocese of Indy newspaper.
- 40 Days for Life-Next campaign began on September 23rd. The central Indiana Knights joined to do an overnight vigil, at the 40 days for life site (Planned Parenthood, Indy) on October 9-10. 82 brother Knights and several brother Knight wives, children, families....the total attendees were in excess of 100, were all praying for life Friday night, October 9th at various hours from 7pm to 7am...this includes the following councils: Mater Dei, St Malachy, St Louie, Our Lady of Grace, Munster, St Pius, St Luke, St Joseph (Lebanon); St Simon; St John Vianney; Holy Rosary and Our Lady of Mt Carmel... Let's pray the fruits of the vigil includes saving babies and changing hearts...some pics attached.... God bless you for standing up for life! Click here for pictures- PIC1 PIC2 PIC3
- Offer up your council Rosary monthly or quarterly for Life.
- Encourage your council members to become sidewalk counselors/be on the front line to help women make the right choice/consider other options instead of the abortion clinic or Planned Parenthood.
- Invite the local Special Olympics representative to speak at a social night.
- As a council, attend right to life events/dinners supporting the organizations who are the front line and lobbying legislators for Life.
- Host a movie night for the council/parish with movies such as Unplanned, Bella or October Baby. Have pizza, popcorn, cookies, and lemonade with a free will offering, with proceeds to Life organizations.
- Organize Christmas caroling with Knights families, to sing at assisted living or nursing homes.
- Sponsor a Knights “Freezing for a Reason” Polar Plunge team.
Check for complete details on each Faith in Action program and the Faith in Action initiative at https://kofc.org/uns/en/programs/index.html. Keep in mind these are recommended programs, but other Life based programs such as those listed above (some you have developed in your council) also qualify as part of the required four activities for this category.
Also, please begin sending your activities today online at http://www.indianakofc.org and click on Forms.
One final comment/suggestion: PRAY and COMMUNICATE…as a leader, begin everything with prayer and communicate often. We have some wonderful initiatives and want to be sure all brother Knights are aware so they/the council can receive the blessings of these programs.
Vivat Jesus and God bless you!
Larry Kunkel, Life Director