The Knights of Columbus Indiana State Council asks ALL Councils to participate and support the “RACE FOR VOCATIONS”. The Race For Vocations (R4V) welcomes people of all ages to pray for and promote Vocations by being a volunteer, attending Mass and joining fellow R4V supporters at the Pasta Dinner the evening before or by a walk/run in the 5K/Mini Marathon. The Mass and Pasta Dinner date is Friday May 3, 2019 and Race Date is Saturday, May 4, 2019. More information available at http://raceforvocations.org/
THESE flyers can be distributed for promotion purposes:
Why Race For Vocations (R4V)?
- Involve young men, women, and families(Fraternity); over 300 runners in 2018
- Support/pray for all vocations: Priesthood; Consecrated Life; Marriage and Sacred Single Life
- Promote Unity between Indiana Dioceses.
- Make the Knights of Columbus visible at a very large public event; over 30,000 runners in 2017
- Serve all Vocations by attending one or all of the R4V events. (Training; Mass; Pasta Dinner; Walk/Run Post Race Tent)
R4V training event opportunities are scheduled either at Bishop Brute (February 2 & April 6) or St. Luke Evangelist, Indy (March 9).
See details here: Training Events
Councils are encouraged to help by adding a Race for Vocation donations to your SOS contribution (use IN_SOS Form). Please submit this donation to the IN KofC State Treasurer by January 31, 2019. Please include check with the IN-SOS form marked “Race For Vocations”. Or you can send a check at any time to the State Treasurer payable to Indiana State Council with memo item “Race for Vocations”. Your donations will help pay for any associated costs with the R4V event and Indiana KofC SOS Fund.
You can also listen to the following podcast (Jan 2018), that describes Race for Vocations: