What do Long Term Recovery Teams do?
- LTRTs are needed throughout the recovery phase of a disaster to be the Hands and Feet of Christ on the ground. They work with a servants’ heart to bring hope and renewal to the families and to the community.
- LTRTs enter the scene only after the area has been cleared for reconstruction and schedule all projects with the local Volunteer Coordinator.
- Work with and through the Local Long Term Recovery Committee in a coordinated effort so as to not duplicate services to a client.
- Must have release forms from the property owner to enter.
- Work to repair or rebuild homes.
May work as: Roofers, Carpenters, Plumbing/Electrical repair, Drywallers, Painters, Clean up crews, Tile/carpet/flooring work, Case Management, Donations Management
A collaborative effort of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis Disaster Response and Knights of Columbus Indiana State Council Disaster Response.
READ THE ATTACHED BROCHURE FOR MORE INFORMATION